On September 16, 2008, our lives were forever changed when James Wilson (J.W.) entered the world. He is a living miracle who has touched our hearts and revealed to us the greatness of God. This is his amazing story.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Sleep deprived and delirious, but he is doing well, praise God!

Okay, okay, I know everyone of you must be mad at me, but, the last time I was this tired was when Leigh and I pulled an all-nighter to finish the newspaper's Hunters Guide.
Normally with new little ones, you sleep when they sleep, except when you have a 5 year old and a 1 1/2 year old running around screaming noooo at each other at the top of their lungs. Enough of the chit-chat.
Since coming home, JW has been doing, I think, better than expected but not as well as we all would like. 
He was doing really well for two weeks and then Sunday a week ago we had the scare of our lives. I am still not exactly sure what happened but we ended up having to call EMS.
I think these "episodes" are Gods way of teaching me how to care for JW. It is very scary to know that at any moment his heart rate or oxygen levels could drop or even worse. He takes a lot of care and thankfully my mom has been here to help me as well as the rest of the family for emotional support.
Anyway, Kinney County EMS were wonderful, they got to my parents house in absolutely no time at all. By the time they got there, JW was doing better but they still didn't think something was right so they took him on to the Uvalde ER. We waited... and waited for the nurses to try to get an IV on him, he was poked so many times, the poor little guy. He had stabilized but Santa Rosa was sending a Pediatric team via Air Life to transport him there to make sure he was ok. Finally about 1 am, I think, time was not important to me at that moment, the team got there, finally got an IV and loaded us up for our helicopter ride to San Antonio. 
Now, I have never ridden in any sort of aircraft, so this was definitely something new for me. One of the team members asked me if I was nervous, I told him no, that I was actually excited because I had never flown before, just not exactly excited about the circumstances under which I was going fly. 
We made it to Santa Rosa and immediately got him in a room, the nurses checked him out and hooked him up to all of those monitors again. He did wonderful all night long and I actually got to sleep. Long story short, he did fine and was released Monday afternoon. 
Since then, he has been doing really well, no episodes like before. I just pray every second of the day that he continues to move forward, continues to heal, gain strength and be able to hold his own. 
Sorry if I am rambling, there has been a lot going on for me to remember everything especially with a lack of sleep. 
Tomorrow we have a check up appointment with the pediatrician and we are supposed to meet with the pediatric neurologist, please pray for the best for this precious baby. 
Thank you for all of your prayers and for keeping up with us, even though I have been very bad over the last three weeks with blogging.
Love and faith,
Allie
P.S. I will have some new pics up in the next few days, so check back hopefully by Wednesday.

No comments: