On September 16, 2008, our lives were forever changed when James Wilson (J.W.) entered the world. He is a living miracle who has touched our hearts and revealed to us the greatness of God. This is his amazing story.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

JW's Tummy Tube

Well, the last few days have been interesting and exciting.
Sometime last week JW graduated to a big boy bed as seen below.



Monday, JW had a feeding tube placed surgically into his tiny tummy due to his swallowing and sucking reflex being very weak. He was placed on a ventilator as more of a cautionary measure. He came off of the ventilator on Tuesday morning and was doing very well with the oxygen through the nose canula. The following are pics of him shortly after surgery.



This is his feeding tube or G-tube. Good news today also!! He is off of the oxygen and nose canula. Hurray! AND... he weighs... 5lbs...........7 oz. Yeah!! What a growing boy he is. I also got a voicemail in regards to beginning plans for discharge. Exactly what is going to happen, I have no idea because I returned the phone call too late but it was very encouraging.
I am very thankful for the Lord and what He has done to my family, to heal and hold JW in His arms. God has blessed our lives in many ways over the last 10 weeks and I pray He will continue to bless our precious little baby as well as our family. I also thank everyone else for all of the thoughts, prayers and support you have given to our family and JW.
I will update you on the whole discharge info as soon as I hear something. Please continue to keep JW in your prayers.
Allie








1 comment:

AllisonH said...

Allie
He looks so much better! I will keep praying for good, healthy news and for your strength as you carry your family through this! Let me know if you need anything
Allison